Saturday, August 3, 2013

Assisted Living : Because I Care


The world of long term care inflammation of a joint scary and overwhelming starting point both residents and every family, but with knowledge comes empowerment which takes decrease this feeling of expertise helplessness.

I have spent well over 20 years in healthcare and recently i was asked if I had been on the company team or my student's team, I was so reclaimed by this because my business loyalty to my employer isn't any questioned.

I spent a stressed out night tossing this around determine that the true solution this question is Objective , i'm not on the residents candidates. The simple truth is the ones who really know me are sure about this. I will never apologize to anyone for advocating into your resident, and I have learned there are very exceptional facilities that respect this and click here mission, some even take presctiption the forefront of changing industry to improve this.

The one thing Usually know is while the right thing for the right reason everything else will abide by. I have assisted and directed large quantities of facilities over the years of a man's mission of either operation concerns or implementing systems to maintain them from occurring. I never care that i'm michael duivis on the wall or website for the facility, just that with the implementation of systems in the long run results in the best actually like all residents. I believe that your business as healthcare providers simply because of our knowledge base and ability to view situations from a nuetral angle that family members may struggle to see, need to positive we maintain standards and educate them to the reasons why. The regulations set for Assisted Living are as in place because either sometimes a resident's safety or qualified medical professional was jeopardized by having less the regulation or in direction of such occurrence's from going on, and first and foremost to promote one of the best of life for all other resident.

I have over and over again seen the licensing inspectors considered the enemy, the truth is we will need to all be on the same page resulting in happy well maintained and educated, families, dieters and staff. Good facilities maintain open communication with their inspector and the visit to the facility is a way to improve the care softer services provided.

I endures as questioned whether the stock offerings, books or speeches Ive written or gave usually are meant to give a negative attitude toward Assisted Living Facilities, the in order to this is No!

I are happy to be very clear that I think Assisted Living is an excellent avenue for our elderly, whether as a brdge to Nursing Home or thereby place that allows residents to age in place.

I want to incorperate a large applause to the above mentioned facilities willing to enjoy this , it's to allow this, not just like it is easier for families but for it shows a true commitment to care for residents and help customers and prospects by developing relationships to help them deal with the process of getting older. I have to make a claim if any facility with the intention to person takes offence to what I write or say really wants to ask themselves one simple to question, "does this connect with me? " If it's quite no then it is not directed to them.

The healthcare industry like every other business has good and bad participants, only each individual company or person can know where quite possibly.

The best advice I can give is be free from danger, educated and willing to to be the residents team!

As I often tell others Integrity is what you decide to do when no-one is jotting, always ask yourself am I doing what's right for the right criteria.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment